The National Disability Insurance Scheme (“NDIS”) not only means greater choice and support for people with disabilities, it is also a boon of opportunity if you are a business or person that can provide support services.
Under the NDIS, there are 15 categories of support services:
1. Assistance with Daily Life
4. Assistance with Social & Community Participation
5. Assistive Technology
6. Home Modifications and Specialised Disability Accommodation
7. Support Coordination
8. Improved Living Arrangements
9. Increased Social and Community Participation
10. Finding and Keeping a Job
11. Improved Relationships
12. Improved Health and Wellbeing
13. Improved Learning
14. Improved Life Choices
15. Improved Daily Living Skills
These categories provide for a wide range of services that you as an individual, intender or established business may be able to deliver within your local community.
Think you might be able to provide support services?
If you’re curious about how you might be able to make a living or grow your existing business by providing rewarding services to people with disabilities, registering as a Service Provider could be worth looking into.
Get the NDIS Provider Toolkit for more information on registering as a service provider and you can be on your way.
Speak to us at RSM – Business Local
Of course, becoming a provider does require preparation and meeting eligibility and that’s where we can help.
Start or grow a rewarding business by contacting our team at RSM – Business Local for local, FREE small business support.